Fort Worth Texas Party Starters Events Company
How to plan a wedding on a budget || Big Texas hair, Pageants and Big Weddings are a huge deal here in North Texas. The pressure is on to have the dream perfect wedding you have always imagined growing up. The thing is, weddings don't have to break the bank in order to be the day you always dreamed of. Here are some tips to have it ALL and still plan a wedding on a budget.
1. The Dress. Yes, you always imagined being the princess of the ball in that perfect white gown. There are a couple of ways you can hack the system, by having a beautiful dress, but not blowing your entire budget.
DO NOT get a designer dress. Yes I know I said it. NO, designer name brands! You can get a dress for half the price, that is just the same quality or even better, for much less.
Ok so I'll be easy on you, GASP! If you absolutely can't do without your dream designer dress, than another option is to buy a designer dress for less ,at a boutique like Fairy Tail Brides. Fairy Tail Brides is a charitable organization that has dresses as low as $100.00. To make it even better, when you buy a dress with them, you also help someone else in need.
Another alternative is to rent a dress. Since you only wear this dress one day in your entire life, unless you decide to arrive at every event following your marriage in said wedding dress. (Then you are weird and don't even deserve to own one). You can always rent one. Bridal Gown Rental and Sales in Dallas is a great place in the DFW metroplex to rent a dress. Men usually rent their tux, why can't you rent your dress?
2. Short , but sweet. Have a short wedding. With a shorter wedding you don't have to pay as much for venue rental which can greatly reduce costs. Guests don't have to be there as long, so that is less you have to pay for an open bar, and food. Cut down on the time of your venue rental by having the wedding party can get ready at your home or a nearby hotel. Leave early and have a private after party instead of a lengthy reception.
3. Ditch the three course meal. Hors oeuvre's instead of a full sit down meal are a new money saving trend. This directly relates to #2 and will cut down a huge portion of your budget. Your greatest expense is feeding a large crowd, ALL THOSE HUNGRY TUMMYS,so this is a great solution to feeding your guests. Usually cocktails are served with Hors oeuvre's so instead of alcholic beverages you could serve a unique punch or a variety of iced teas.
4. Switch the day. To cut down on wedding venue rental you can choose to host your I DO day on an off day like a Friday evening or Sunday morning. These days can be as much as $15,000 cheaper than on a Saturday. Wedding season is from April to October here in the Dallas Ft.Worth area, so if you book a date from November to March the prices are generally reduced. If your budget is really tight and you have a specific venue you that you must get married at, then consider getting married on a Monday- Thursday. Those days are considerably less expensive.
5. Small guest list. Weddings are about celebrating love with your family and friends. Forget about inviting every aquaintance you may have and refine your guest list to only the people you truly care about and have been an instrumental part of your life. I'm about to get real here. If you haven't seen them in a year. Then don't invite them. My only exception is if they live out of state, but you FaceTime them all the time regardless of the fact that they live so far away.